For as much as I blog about my family, there is one member of it that doesn’t get enough attention. Her name is Selena, and she’s our traveling cat. Since adopting her five years ago in Hawaii, Selena has moved with us to Tanzania, Virginia, and Texas. She’ll be making yet another move with us back to her motherland in December. Moving her around so much can get quite expensive (I often joke that our cat costs us more than our children), but not bringing her along isn’t even an option in our minds. She’s our kitty and we couldn’t imagine life without her! She’s such a wonderful sport about it, too. Some cats hold grudges or act out when stressed, but as long as we give Selena lots of love when we arrive at a new destination, she’s perfectly content. She’s also amazing with my two kids. They can chase her around, pull her tail, sit on her, and be the rough little toddlers that they are but Selena never gets angry. She just gets up and walks away when she’s had enough. Despite the rough (but innocent) play, Selena loves her “younger siblings,” and can almost always be found by their sides. Because Selena is such an amazing cat, we love to spoil her, and that involves only buying the BEST cat litter.
I recently tried Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light® Ultimate Care™, and here are three reasons it will be my new choice for cat litter:
1) It’s so light. When the box it came in arrived at my door I would have never expected it to contain cat litter. I have to walk up two flights of stairs to get to where my litter box is, so the fact that it’s so light is a major plus.
2) It’s great at controlling odor. You know how some litter just STINKS after a couple of days, even when you’re really good about taking all the junk out of it? Ultimate Care does an amazing job at keeping the smell at bay without even needing perfumes. The high absorbing clay it is made with does a great job of absorbing the odors all on its own.
3) The clumps actually clump. One thing I hate is cat litter that claims clumping but doesn’t deliver. If the clumps fall between the holes in the scooper, they’re NOT good enough. My favorite thing about Ultimate Care is that it clumps so easily, and the clumps don’t fall apart when I’m trying to scoop them out of the box.
Litter box duty definitely isn’t my favorite chore, but Ultimate Care makes cleaning the litter box a slightly more pleasant experience. This is super important to me as a cat mom. Oh, and I only want the best for my Selena cat. Here’s a video that I made:
Soooooo cat moms (and dads)… I want to hear from you. What’s the most important quality for you and your cat when it comes to choosing a litter? Each person who comments will be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!!!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/3/2015 – 4/12/2015